My never ending quest for turning all unhealthy food into healthy ones without compromising on taste factor is endless..
This time I’m sharing whole wheat muffins, with a lot of candied nuts & milkmaid made from brown sugar.. Yess!! And guess what another successful experiment done.
First experiment that I’ve done here is to prepare homemade condense milk and that too with brown sugar. This condense milk taste amazing slightly denser in color than our usual condense milk but taste even better.
To prepare condense milk just put milk to boil along with brown sugar. Ratio of milk and sugar is 2:1. Bring this to boil and keep stirring. Do not turn off the flame until you achieve consistency slightly liquidy than milkmaid. Switch off the flame. Add a pinch of baking soda and stir well. Let it cool, and your milkmaid is ready 🙂 Your milkmaid will thicken once it cool down.
Enjoy this with maple syrup or any other glaze of your choice. You’ll find this equally perfect with a cup of coffee as well.
There’s much love in every single bite ❤
- ¾ cup – whole wheat flour
- ½ cup – all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/3 cup – butter
- 1/3 cup – milk
- 1 tbsp – powdered sugar
- ½ tin – milkmaid (200 gm)
- ½ tsp – baking soda
- 1 tsp – baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup dry fruits (almonds, walnuts, blueberry, cranberry, raisins or any of your flavor)
How to prepare :-
- Preheat oven at 150ºC for 10 minutes.
- Grease and dust muffins tray with oil and maida.
- Sieve all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda 3-4 times.
- In another bowl beat milkmaid, sugar & butter by adding milk slowly.
- Add vanilla essence. Add whole wheat flour and all purpose flour mixture spoon by spoon and mix well.
- Roll dry fruits in 1 tbsp all purpose flour & mix in muffin batter. Reserve 1 tbsp fruit for top. Pour batter to tin & top with fruits.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes at 150°C.
Cool & Serve 🙂 Bon Appetit!!